Spotlight: What are our customers saying?
Great services ,no new experience for last one and half years but I have rendered this service on the eve of Holi festival in India This trip was booked two months back so this way I could save fe...Read on
Just know that you are donated money to their ponzi scheme. They are not a service and do not offer refunds despite what their website says. Even when they cancel trips they keep your money. CUST...Read on
CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE NUMBER +1(8)(O)(5)(6)(O)(8)(5)(4)(O)(6) HEADQUARTERS PHONE NUMBER +1(8)(O)(5)(6)(O)(8)(5)(4)(O)(6) LIVE PERSON PHONE NUMBER +1(8)(O)(5)(6)(O)(8)(5)(4)(O)(6) CUSTOMER SERVICE ...Read on
customer(service)+1*8o5*6o8*54o6*(phone)(number)+1*8o5*6o8*54o6* headquarters phone number+1*8o5*6o8*54o6*corporate phone number +1*8o5*6o8*54o6* customer(service)+1*8o5*6o8*54o6*(phone)(number...Read on
Bottom line.....unreliable, almost impossible to reach, subcontract to local companies but do not give them any information on who is coming. We were basically on our own. Read the itinerary very c...Read on
No reviews yet!
Find companies you have experience with and write reviews about them! Your reviews contribute to a more transparent market and improve the reliability of companies.
A trusted Company
Great services ,no new experience for last one and half years but I have rendered this service on the eve of Holi festival in India This trip was booked two months back so this way I could save few dollars My team was of four (all family members)
This is not easy to choose a right agency as thousands of companies doing same job all over the United States Took two weeks to select a right company to avoid any last minute disappoint
Exoticca was not in our list I contacted our Indian counterparts and they suggest this name And this was a great advise indeed Pricing cooperation behavior and above then all easy booking process
No if and but ,simple booking Great trip.
Just know that you are donated money to their ponzi scheme. They are not a service and do not offer refunds despite what their website says. Even when they cancel trips they keep your money.
CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE NUMBER +1(8)(O)(5)(4)(1)(0)(5)(0)(4)(0) HEADQUARTERS PHONE NUMBER +1(8)(O)(5)(4)(1)(0)(5)(0)(4)(0) LIVE PERSON PHONE NUMBER +1(8)(O)(5)(4)(1)(0)(5)(0)(4)(0) CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE NUMBER +1((8)(O)(5)(4)(1)(0)(5)(0)(4)(0) HEADQUARTERS PHONE NUMBER +1(8)(O)(5)(4)(1)(0)(5)(0)(4)(0) LIVE PERSON PHONE NUMBER +1(8)(O)(5)(4)(1)(0)(5)(0)(4)(0)
CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE NUMBER +1(8)(O)(5)(6)(O)(8)(5)(4)(O)(6) HEADQUARTERS PHONE NUMBER +1(8)(O)(5)(6)(O)(8)(5)(4)(O)(6) LIVE PERSON PHONE NUMBER +1(8)(O)(5)(6)(O)(8)(5)(4)(O)(6) CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE NUMBER +1(8)(O)(5)(6)(O)(8)(5)(4)(O)(6) HEADQUARTERS PHONE NUMBER +1(8)(O)(5)(6)(O)(8)(5)(4)(O)(6) LIVE PERSON PHONE NUMBER +1(8)(O)(5)(6)(O)(8)(5)(4)(O)(6)
headquarters phone number+1*8o5*6o8*54o6*corporate phone number +1*8o5*6o8*54o6*
headquarters phone number+1*8o5*6o8*54o6*corporate phone number +1*8o5*6o8*54o6*
exottica trip to istanbul Athens and Crete
Bottom line.....unreliable, almost impossible to reach, subcontract to local companies but do not give them any information on who is coming. We were basically on our own. Read the itinerary very carefully. You will see excessive free time, in foreign countries where english may or may not be spoken.
They were supposed to arrange rapid antigen tests for us.... nope. We had to figure that out on our own too. Their answer when I complained.... oh, well, you have to ask us. REALLY?
Read all reviews carefully, spend a bit more money, and use a well known, reliable and accessible company for travel. Do NOT use this one
Travel tour to Peru
Do not use Excoticca
They were horrbile. If we had not had a Spanish speaking person in our group we would have been ....
Horrible planning, horrible communication, horrible customer service.
We would have been better off planning the trip and booking a company in the country.
Peru 12-Day Sacred Inca amp Ultimate Amazon Experience
Cheaper is not always better, and that is the case with Exoticca. Customer Service and promptness to issues is basically non-existent, as most airline and hotel matters are only handled by their Travel Operations (Ops) Dept. which you cannot contact direct and seems to be sorely understaffed. Travel Ops apparently books the cheapest airline tickets they can find, with no regard to timing or itineraries and the fares do not typically include any checked baggage. Rather than a more direct route from Los Angeles to Lima, Exoticca booked us to route through Miami with a 7.5 hour layover and while we were all supposed to be traveling together, Exoticca booked my daughter on a separate flight from us that dumped her into Lima by herself at 1:00am; then expected me to pay extra to have a room available for her upon arrival. Additionally, they initially had my daughter booked in a different Amazonian jungle lodge than us which was several kilometers up river and it took me numerous phone calls, online customer service form submissions and emails over the course of several weeks before Exoticca finally got her rebooked into the same lodge as us (I never was able to get them to change her flight to ours though). Once in Peru, I discovered there were direct 58-min flights from Cusco to Puerto Maldonado (PM) available, yet Exoticca routed us on flights from Cusco to Lima (with another exceptionally long layover) to Puerto Maldonado that wasted 7 hours and caused us to miss a portion of the activities listed on our itinerary, and when I contacted Exoticca to inquire about modifying our remaining itinerary to allow for more time in PM to make up for the time lost and missed itinerary activities, was advised I would have to purchase new airline tickets from PM to Lima, as the ones we had were nonrefundable. Not surprisingly, we met several other people throughout our travels in Peru who also expressed their displeasure with Exoticca, primarily due to their flight itineraries, and indicated they would never use them again either. I will give kudos to the local Peruvian Travel Company that Exoticca contracts within country though, Condor Travel, as their guides were informative and transfers were always comfortable.
Wonders of the Hashemite Kingdom - Jordan
DO NOT BOOK WITH EXOTICCA. I booked the Jordan Wonders of the Hashemite Kingdom trip (traveled May 14-22, 2022). Jordan was pretty good. Our guide, Adnan, was wonderful. The hotels were OK. Great staff but our group was spread over 4 hotels (not close to each other) in each location. Also, people weren’t on the same schedule so we had people rotating in and out of the tour. The real problem came on the return flight. Our flights were booked by Exoticca. We arrived at JFK only to discover that our flight from JFK to DCA was cancelled due to weather and this means the airline has no responsibility for assisting us beyond booking a new flight (in this case the next day from a different airport). I tried calling Exotticca (at 8pm on a Sunday) using the number at the bottom of their emails that clearly stated “Sat. and Sun.: 3:00 a.m. - Midnight (EST)” but received an automated message that they were open Mon-Fri during business hours. After several more attempts to get better flights from the airline, we gave up rented a car and drove home. The next day I tried calling Exottica to request a refund for my flight/expenses. Since I couldn’t get anyone to answer the phone Monday morning I used their contact form and received this response:
“Sorry to hear you had issues with flight cancellations at the end of your trip.
We inform you that you must take up this issue with the airline as it is their responsibility to provide a new flight for you in this instance.
Communicate with them and send them your receipts as they must respond for these extra costs incurred that would have been avoided by providing a new flight, which is what should have happened.
Alternatively you could take this up with your travel insurance company.
Hope this is helpful and good luck with the process.”
Anyone that has booked airfare thru an agent knows that the airlines will direct you back to the agent (and they did). I was able to get Exoticca on the phone on Tuesday to explain this and ask why their phone line wasn’t open per the times in the email. They responded with “it’s not our responsibility” and “you should have used the emergency number listed on page 17 of the trip summary.” So now I’m stuck trying to get the airline to deal with me even though I didn’t book the ticket and Exoticca is refusing to provide any assistance. So I want everyone to know if you have any problems on an Exoticca trip ITS NOT THEIR RESPONSIBILITY!
Save yourself a lot of grief.Do not travel with Exoticca.They are at best a bait and switch company,but closer to a ponzi scheme.And if you need customer service forget it.Their page may say open 24hrs,but it is not true.Your calls will go unanswered,and it wills take many days,or even weeks to receive any answer to emails.I traveled twice with them.Once to Portugal,which was substandard at best.And the second time to Mexico.Which was so bad we changed our tickets and left back home...yes they are THAT bad
Do not waste your money on Exoticca.Their tours sound nice,with reasonable price too.But I've been on the Portugal trip.It was poorly run and substandard in every way.And if they cancel a trip,good luck getting your funds back.I have been waiting months w
Treasures of Anatolia 9 day Tour
No communication! No customer service! We did the Treasures of Anatolia 9-day tour back in 11-2021. To be clear the review is on Exoticca, as a tour company they are horrible and this lands on them - the review is not a reflection of the people on the ground in Turkey they were doing their best in the situation Exoticca put in them in as well... Trip did not start great when the driver did not show at the airport to get us, thanks to Exoticca not communicating to the driver that our flights were changed. We had three domestic trips during our stay, and we had a problem with airport for two of them as well… Don't be fooled by everything on the website and the description of the tour on their website this is NOT a true group tour. We were not matched with a group and/or tour guide. They just put us on different day tours with different guides and groups every day. It’s basically a self-guided tour where they pick the day tips/actives for you. Which would have been fine if they would have advertised it as a self-guided tour, but it was not advertised that way! They also never explained this to us at any point, so we kept waiting to meet our group/guide or for some short of organization that two days in we realized we were never getting. The most annoying part was that we never knew when a tour started, who was picking us up or when we were scheduled to be back from the tour until the last minute. We wanted to make time to see/ do something but we didn’t know when we had to meet for a tour or when the tour would be over so we could not plan our day. We often found ourselves wondering what was going on and feeling like we were inconveniencing staff (hotel staff/day trip guides) because we would have to keep bothering them for information on what was going on. Exoticca is JUST NOT WORTH IT. Yeah, the tour was affordable but if we had booked our flights, hotels and found day tours on our own we could have booked it for the same price and would have KNOWN what was going on. Just book it yourself or use a better travel company.
I was forced to cancel my Peru trip (Booking No. S-EX2021054343) because of an injury (6 broken ribs) 13 days prior to departure. Exoticca did not offer me a future trip or partial refund. They kept $2,019 though my medical team sent a letter to Exoticca confirming the necessity to cancel my trip.
Ecuador & Galapagos Trip
First, let me start by saying the "boots on the ground" guides were excellent. As a company, however, this was legitimately one of the worst experiences I've ever had. I've travelled all over the world both independently and through travel groups/agencies and I've never had worse communication and service. Also, as somebody that runs a contact center for a living, their inability to help their customers is astonishing. I tried calling their support dozens of times and never once got through to anybody - instead the IVR hangs up on you after 20 minutes and tells you to submit a case. When I finally talked to a supervisor she blamed their wait times on my for calling so much.
Here's a timeline for you:
- After speaking with Exoticca multiple times in August 2020, we booked the trip on August 25th, 2020. We were assured by those representatives that all 5 customers would be booked on the same flights. We live in Texas and had planned the trip in late 2021. The reason we moved the trip from later in the year to September 2021 and moved it to a departure out of Fort Lauderdale instead of Houston, is because we were led to believe this would be the way to accommodate our request to travel on the same flights at the same time. As you'll see, that didn't happen.
- On June 13th, 2021 we were emailed letting us know our trip was coming and the rest of our balance was due.
- On June 17th, 2021 we paid the additional balance and received proof of payment.
- On July 6th we emailed Exoticca support asking for more information on our flights so we could adequately plan our travel to Fort Lauderdale.
- On July 13th we got a response to the previous request stating "Your flight details to your trip to Ecuador will be provided 1 month prior departure."
- On August 8th, 2021 I followed up on that case notifying Exoticca that we still had not received our flight information despite it being a month out from departure. I never received a response.
- On August 9th, 2021 I tried calling support multiple times, never to get through. I tried another department and got through to Sales. The agent informed me that I should have already received my tickets and if I did not get them by the following day I should call support.
- On August 10th I still had not received flight information. I tried calling support several times, of course not getting through. I called Sales again and got a response. The agent once again told me there must be a mistake because we should have our flights. He told me the support manager was not available but he had notified them and they would be calling me back the next day and getting us our flight information. I have never received a response.
- On August 12th I emailed again after not being able to get through to support and still having no flight information. I have never received a response.
- On the afternoon of August 13th 2021 I sent another email asking for follow up because I once again had tried calling multiple times with no answer. I have never received a response. I sent another email in the evening. I have never received a response.
- On August 14th I received an email with flight information, 24 days prior to departure. This information contained a flight departing Fort Lauderdale in the evening (not afternoon as previous documentation stated), and a flight returning from Guayaquil in the afternoon (not the morning as previous documentation stated).
- On August 15th, I emailed again. After spending much of the previous 24 hour talking with airlines (because my in-laws did not and still do not have their flight information), we got the airlines to provide details on my in-laws flights - only to find out that we were on different flights.
- On August 16th, a supervisor called me and for the first time I was actually able to get some responses. She stated she would look into the concern on the flight changes and let me know. She followed up on August 19th stating they could make the changes needed, but would charge me an additional $1,000 to do so. Eventually I succeeded in fighting these charges, however I ended up having to book our flights to Ft Lauderdale so late that the prices had more than doubled. My in-laws didn't get their flight information from Exoticca until we were 8 days from departure.
Moving on to the trip itself, in all these conversations I repeatedly stated that three members of our parties were in their late '70s and would need assistance from my wife and me. Nobody bothered to mention (nor was it documented like you see with virtually every other travel company) the physical rigor of the trip.
- After booking us on a flight that arrived after 1AM and driving nearly an hour to the hotel, we were informed we would be leaving early the next day and that only one bag could come with us to Tena. This forced all of us to get to the hotel and, exhausted, re-pack our bags in such a way that all of our needed clothing and materials for the Amazon were in a single bag. We therefore got only a few hours of sleep before we had to get on a bus toward Tena.
- Of course, we were headed to Tena because the day trip through Quito was moved to later in the week as only a short stop on the way home from Tena. Not only was it not what was described, but we didn't find out until the last minute it had even moved...along with the fact we didn't know only one bag would go to Tena, we found ourselves packing in the middle of the night after having travelled all day. It's hard to enjoy a vacation when you're operating on 2 or 3 hours of sleep.
- In the morning we were given details on our potential excursions and needed covid tests. We were encouraged to have cash for these transactions because apparently the country mostly runs on cash. This was never shared beforehand so most of us had little or no cash and we immediately boarded a bus to a location that had no ATMs.
- The bus rides to and from Tena were ~6 hours long. There's nothing anybody can do about the length of the trip, but if we had been informed ahead of time we could have adequately planned not only our packing as previously mentioned, but also to have proper clothing, shoes, snacks, water, etc. These are not easy rides for elderly people, which I repeatedly mentioned were accompanying us.
- Zero local/cultural information was provided to us before travel - important things like the tipping practices below, information on finding adequate drinking water, or the fact that we cannot flush toilet paper in Ecuador. This lack of information led to our group of 9 Americans clogging toilets at our first stop and the shocked restaurateurs left to clean up the mess. It was beyond embarrassing for the group.
- On the way to Tena we were informed that it is common practice to tip guides ~$10/person/day and drivers ~$7-$8/person/day. This, like everything else, was a cash transaction, but there were no ATMs on site. This was one of several occasions where those of us in the group had to lend each other cash because Exoticca had never informed anybody that we would need several hundred dollars, potentially a few thousand, in cash and not be brought to an ATM.
- Arriving at the lodge in the Amazon we had a 15-20 minute walk in the dark on rocky terrain ending with large flights of stairs. This would have been important information for our elderly travelers.
- The first included activity was a night walk in the Amazon. This was described as a "night walk." In fact, it was a moderately difficult hike up and down muddy and rocky hills, through puddles, and over muddy makeshift bridges. Information that was important to know ahead of time for our elderly companions. My mother has a bad knee and twisted it within the first ten minutes maneuvering down a muddy hill and later got a boot stuck in a mudhole, wrenching her knee worse. She was forced to avoid later walks on her vacation. This was the first of virtually every activity that wasn't accurately portrayed in terms of length or difficulty. Our elderly travellers likely would not have even taken this trip had they known ahead of time that there would be this many difficult hikes. Even the newlywed couple in our group that were in their twenties avoided some of the hikes because they were already hurt and tired from previous ones.
- At the lodge in the Amazon we found they were open air without Air Conditioning. Again, that's not the problem, but we were not prepared for that in the heat and humidity with three elderly people. Had Exoticca simply mentioned it we could have prepared more effectively.
- The available day trips upon returning to Quito were once again far more difficult than mentioned. At this point it was almost a blessing that both my mother and in-laws had hurt their knees on previous "walks" and decided not to join. What we found in our excursion was a long, challenging hike. My wife and I were the only ones that finished it and we are both avid runners and hikers. The other four passengers on the excursion headed back toward the bus early, hurt and exhausted.
- As we prepared to go to the Galapagos we were informed that there the islands have a weight limit to the luggage each passenger can bring. Once again, the first time we're told is when we're about to travel there and everybody is scrambling to rearrange their bags.
- Upon arrival to the Galapagos we finally had access to ATMs, however they had a $200/transaction limit - not even enough to pay for an excursion, let alone the fact that all the lunches, dinners, drinks, tips, snorkel/wetsuit rentals, shopping, etc are all cash. Once again, information that would have been crucial prior to travel so we could have come prepared with cash in hand. The need to make repeated international withdrawals also led to significant fees from our banking institutions that we could have avoided if we would have been told ahead of time.
- Our excursions were extremely difficult once again. What was described as "a few feet" of tough terrain to start, was in actuality difficult terrain throughout. Multiple people fell and were hurt repeatedly and once again my wife and I were the only ones able to finish the hikes.
- Even upon return to Guayquil, the light walking tour we were expecting lasted over two hours. We had just travelled for several hours and we almost immediately set off to over two hours of walking through a strange city in the dark. Our elderly travelers would have stayed at the hotel had they known there would be this much walking again, particularly since they were nursing several injuries from falls on previous walks.
- In all, our pedometers registered nearly 10 miles/16 kilometers of walking and hiking per day during our trip, sometimes more. I don't know how you could in good conscience avoid mentioning this in the trip information, and the fact that I stated repeatedly that I had people that were 75 years old and nobody felt it was a good idea to warn us?? What if they walked with a cane or needed a wheelchair? The trip literally could never have accommodated them. We would have had to carry them.
- After paying for our antigen tests to leave the country, nobody ever followed up with us to provide the results or paperwork. When we arrived at the airport at 3AM we found nothing had been provided and nobody was available to provide them. We had to make several international calls to the hotel (costing us more money, again) and their employee had to return to the airport to provide us the test results, which apparently had been left with the hotel though we were never notified. We almost missed our flight home because of the continued poor communication.
- I brought all of this back to the Exoticca support team and supervisor that I previously talked to and I requested a refund of 30% (half the trip for 3 people, covering our elderly attendees) given the enormous amount of time and money lost and the aggravation trying to make our vacation work with almost no accurate communication. It took over 6 weeks to get a response, which was basically "thanks for the feedback, but we already paid our vendors so we won't give you anything back but here's a $200 voucher." We spent nearly $10k on this trip and lost hundreds more fixing their mistakes, and their answer was to try to get us to book another trip with them and get a credit for $200. It was flabbergasting.
The amount of excuses we got and blame passed to others (including blaming us for calling support) was astonishing. Do yourself a favor and go to any of the other many, many good providers out there and don't waste your time or money with this company. They nearly completely ruined a once in a lifetime trip for which we saved money for years. What a waste.
we, too, had one bad experience after another with Exottica, including having to make our own anitgen test arrangements. BUT, not everything you wrote is their responsibility. The subcontracting company should have told you about the toilet paper, the Amazon is a wilderness.....the terrain is rocky and uneven, and..... seriously.... air conditioning? At an eco lodge in the forest? We didn't have electricity when we stayed in the amazon ecolodge in Ecuador.
And local guides get tips - per person.
Before I travel, I do my due diligence on the accommodations, and other peoples' experience. You probably would not have gotten any significant info from these thieves, but a simple internet search would have told you what you needed to know.
That said, this company is a total waste of money . they appear to be overextended in their trip offers, subcontract to local companies, but do not inform them of what THEY should expect.... for instance, we spend 14 hrs on a bus with a spanish speaking tour and guide... we speak only english. After that experience, we made our own arrangements with the provided guide, tipped him copiously and HE arranged transfers and sightseeing. Next time , use OAT or Adventure - Life . You will not be disappointed
Peru 10 night package
I will not book another Exoticca tour. I realize there are problems with flights because of Covid, but of the group traveling with us, we were the only two who had to pay luggage fees. We were booked on Star airlines, not Latham like our fellow travelers and had to pay $60 even though our luggage was carry on size. For our trip from Peru to Las Vegas, we had 2 stopovers and the last leg of the journey was a 7 HOUR layover. We might as well have spent the night. That was after flying Juliacca to Lima, Lima to Dallas and then home. Unacceptable to tired travelers. Plus, no one had seats next to their spouses. Exoticca uses Condor travel for the pickups and land tours. Again, unequal treatment within a group, but the tours were amazing. I would go to Peru again. But definitely not with Exoticca. Their customer service agents are great but you can’t get ahold of anyone when you have problems. When you arrive back and send them notices, they ignore you. I’ve left numerous calls and never heard back. Thumbs down Exoticca.
NO! I would not book again.
Use Andes Adventures or Adventure-life for future trips to Peru. And go during the Iynit-rami festival, in Cusco. AMAZING. You will LOVE this festival! We used Andes Adventures and were very pleased. We have also used Adventure-life x 2, and just booked Bolivia with them for Feb.
My wife and I just got back from our 9-day Ireland tour (Sep 2021). The tour was fantastic, and I give credit to the contracted tour company - Tour Partner Group of Ireland. They were superb and the driver/tour guide (Bill Murray) was the best guide we've had in a decade. His detailed knowledge made this a trip to remember.
Exoticca, on the other hand, needs work. Communication PRIOR to booking was excellent. Once booked, communication all but ceased. Phone calls were disconnected after being on hold 15 minutes. Emails were either responded to after over a week, but usually not answered at all. Incorrect information on the voucher was never corrected in spite of numerous attempts to get clarification (example, all the optional excursions were listed on Day 2). Guided tour at the beginning in Dublin was simply a 90 minute quick walk which you could get from any map, and NONE at the end of the trip (you were on your own, including transportation). Not a big deal, but certainly misleading from the pre-sales information provided.
The tours were great, but sometimes had to be modified by the Tour Partner Group because of the impossibility of completing the "schedule" created by Exoticca (no Star Trek transporter available to cover the distance required). Some tours (Blarney) were so abbreviated as to only allow barely enough time to climb the tower, kiss the Blarney, head back down to the bus. No time to wander any of the wonderful gardens. Hotels were not conveniently located to the next day attraction necessitating additional travel time and limiting on-site time. Hotels (except Dublin) were no convenient to city centers, so evening meals required use of the hotel restaurant for practical reasons. The food was great, so no problem with it. Just that knowing tour groups were restricted to the hotel generally, why not provide some discount at the hotel? Other travel companies include the evening meals in situations like this, so I understand why Exoticca is cheaper. Most hotels do not have a/c, which normally isn't a problem. Our trip had the rare weather of no rain, temperatures above 22C, and so the rooms were quite warm (no fans). Opening the window gave you lots of outside noise, especially in Dublin.
Exottica booked extra excursions even though they were NOT open and had not been for over a year. I'm still awaiting my refunds for those events canceled. These should have been listed as possibilities and booked WHEN they announced they were opening, not ahead like Exoticca did when they were closed. In closing, the Tour Partner Group made this an excellent experience. Exoticca would do better to COORDINATE with this group what would be realistic tour times, hotels, and travel time. They need to work on communication, especially email!
Group made this an excellent experience. Exoticca would do better to COORDINATE with this group what would be realistic