Dating sites are not unknown by many. Indeed, they are gaining ground and more people are meeting their soulmates online. Statistics show that 46% of dating app users met their current partners online. But is this to say the only reason for using dating sites is to find a soulmate?
A survey by Statista reveals the many reasons behind using free dating sites in the USA. The reasons range from interest, belief, to relationships. 61% use dating sites to meet people who share the same interests. 44% want to meet people who share the same beliefs. 42% insist on a long-term relationship. Others simply want to meet new people or just have fun.
If the purpose is different, the dating sites should likewise be different. Of course, each dating site is as unique as the other. So, if you are looking for a free dating site that matches your purpose, your first ideal place should be a reviews site such as us-reviews.com. The experiences and feedback of users of dating sites shared on this platform would inform your decision.
Dating Sites and Why You Need Them
Dating sites are websites created to enable and introduce people to finding personal, romantic, or sexual relationships with multiple connections. Online dating or internet dating is the act of using dating websites to communicate such dating goals. An online dating service is a company that provides a medium either through websites or software where people can communicate and establish connections for their dating purposes.
Dating sites can be free online dating or paid. There are a lot of features to consider when picking a dating site. Regardless, they all work by prompting you to create an online profile and fill in necessary details such as your name, age, location, gender, and sexual orientation. After that, they encourage you to attach photos or videos which can be accessed by other users to initiate a connection. While some dating sites provide additional services such as digital messaging, webcasts, telephone chats, and so on; others simply focus on one or two of them.
The proliferation of dating sites is a story of love and technology. The first dating site was kiss.com, founded in 1994 and then followed by match.com in 1995. But enough people were not online and so not enough soulmates to encourage users for patronage. However, as technology grew, more people started using the internet and more online profiles are presently created by users on online dating websites. Apart from easy accessibility, the following thrills are another motivating factor.
- Online dating helps you to learn more about who you are.
- It reminds you of people and walks you through the journey of meeting them.
- It assists in clarifying your priorities.
- It refines what you want and what you don't want in a partner.
- It builds your confidence and improves your communication skills.
- It reflects your strengths and weaknesses.
- It teaches you tolerance and the beauty of differences.
Benefits of Reading Reviews to Dating Sites
Dating sites are unique from one another and they serve different purposes. Their users likewise are peculiar. There are dating sites created solely for students, and there are those created for adults. Their uniqueness is defined by their concentration either by age, gender, sexual orientation, location, or target audience. Therefore, it might be pretty difficult for you to find the perfect dating site or say the dating site that meets your purpose.
But amid the difficulty, there is an escape in reading reviews for finding your perfect dating site. It is even more encouraged that you read reviews considering the many efforts put into advertising dating sites free today. The result is that you are made to believe a particular dating site is best for you and answers all your needs. Eventually, when you dive in you find out that's not true. Yet, a simple act of reading reviews could have corrected the anomalies, saving you time, effort, and possibly money.
Reading reviews of other users would provide you with the needed experience. You can decide what to do with the experience after that. But you get to know that no matter how masked a dating site has been with ads and sponsored posts, you'll find out about its security, manner of the audience, and ease of use from what others have experienced with it. This saves you the trouble of registering vital information and details of you with a dating site whose data and information management has been known to be infringing and malicious. This is most common among free online dating sites.
Best Free Dating Sites/Apps
Whether you use an app or a website, whether online or offline, there are primarily three types of dating and they apply as well to online dating. According to Dr. Pat Allen, if you are not into duty dating, you'd be in real dating or courtship. These are the three forms and manners of dating and they cut across different online dating platforms. The best dating sites and apps have one thing in common and which is finding the perfect match for you regardless of the manner you intend to date. The following are some of the best free dating sites and apps. Included are brief descriptions of how they fit into your grandest scheme.
1. Match.com: Recommended for confident men and women. Match.com is the first and foremost free dating app that solves the riddle and shame of matchmaking.
2. Our Time: Good for quick and easy hookups, Our Time matches you with potential dates who share your interests and outlooks in life. The brief profiles allow you to make quick decisions.
3. Christiancafe.com: Profiles on Christiancafe.com are more detailed. And as the name implies, the dating site connects single Christians, matching them based on their interests and hobbies.
4. SugarDaddyMeet: The website was originally intended to match women with men who can financially take care of them. However, it has advanced beyond that into more engaging dating profiles for all and sundry.
5. EliteSingles: A dating website that fosters personal, romantic, and sexual desires among dating site users. It has a forum where singles can mingle while looking for lifetime partners.
6. Comewithyou: This website matches you with swingers. Ever want to date and meet the bad bitches? You’ll find them in numbers here.
7. Insider Internet Dating: The website matches you with people who are close to you, people who are either within your neighborhood or geographical area.
Guide to Finding the Perfect Dating Sites
Do not make the mistake of finding your perfect dating sites by first typing into Google terms such as "dating sites for free" or "best free dating sites", and so on. Google will always bring you results, but these results are often not generated to the best of your interest. They are a function of search engine optimization which is another form of marketing. Thus, we don't believe in Google search results as a way of finding your ideal dating sites. Call us biased or sentimental, but reading reviews has always been very effective. This in addition to the guides we have listed below step-by-step. While the guides cannot guarantee you a soulmate, they sure will lead you to a sustainable dating engagement where your time, effort, and personal information are as valuable to you as they are to the platform.
- Identify your purpose: The first step is to identify your purpose. By purpose, we mean you should determine what you are dating for and what you intend to gain from it. Your purpose will lead you to the best dating site. There are different dating sites with different target audiences. They are all established to cater to the needs of different users. Once your purpose of dating is identified, it gets easier to choose a dating site perfect for you or make a more informed Google search for the right one.
- Address the platform: This is the second step. There are dating sites and dating apps. While most dating sites offer mobile services in addition to web services, sadly not all of them do that. You should determine which dating sites follow your best operation — web or mobile. Also, you need to be sure the features are what you can easily learn about and handle. Most users abandon dating sites when they ask for too many details from them. And when they feel they can't handle the features, they become ghost users.
- Gauge the audience: Of course, you don't want to register for a dating website with many ghost users. Neither would you love to have one whose users are limited. You want to enjoy the privilege that comes with making choices, selecting which user to go for, and which not. The endless stream of possible soulmates on a website with a high number of users is a matter of choice. This is not to say dating websites with fewer users do not have their thrills (such as exclusiveness). In the end, you need to gauge your audience.
- Read reviews: After identifying, addressing, and gauging, the ultimate step is to read reviews. Reading reviews about dating companies might even provide you with knowledge about the first three steps. The social proof presented by users of dating sites will help you make the decision-making process easier.
Dating sites have advanced in many ways. Most sites now use apps to gain more users due to the rise of smartphones. With the number rising and the competition getting more intense with ads, it is difficult to find the perfect dating site. But there is always an answer in reading reviews and learning from the experiences of others.