NexGen Yachting Reviews : Share your review & read experiencesAll reviews
Reviews, complaints & experiences Write a review
Read independent reviews, consumer experiences, feedback and complaints right here! Get to know the best shop place your (online) order. Everybody together now decides which shops are worthy and which aren't!
Spotlight: What are our customers saying?
Our group of 8 proved to be no challenge for our amazing chef even though our group coordinator confirmed only 6 passengers for our charter. She managed to prepare delicious meals for 8 with provis...Read on
My family and friends have had the best vacations aboard Deep Blue. The captain and crew are assets to the company. The captain was constantly maintaining the vessel. He watched over everyone wh...Read on
We just got off Perpetual Blue after a 2 week charter and wow, it was fantastic! Capt knew all of the best diving/snorkeling spots and even helped us learn to sail abit. Chef was amazing, food wa...Read on
Family Adventure Out Of This World! Took our family on our 1st charter and it was a blast. Learning to paddleboard (great video's), diving & snorkeling, great fun. There was an underwate...Read on
I bought a share in yacht Deep Blue in December 2021. After some initial delays as the yacht came over from Croatia, things have generally gone well. I have had three very successful charters and t...Read on
All reviews (11)
No reviews yet!
Find companies you have experience with and write reviews about them! Your reviews contribute to a more transparent market and improve the reliability of companies.
Yacht Charter Vacation
Our group of 8 proved to be no challenge for our amazing chef even though our group coordinator confirmed only 6 passengers for our charter. She managed to prepare delicious meals for 8 with provisions for 6 every day without ever disappointing us. From airy, velvety scrambled eggs to perfectly crisp bacon and fresh poke bowls to scrumptious sweets — we all wanted to take her home with us. Not only were the meals amazing, they were plated beautifully and not a minute later than when expected. What’s more, she aided the captain in mooring and prepping our group’s trips to land amongst other things, proving she is an expert multitasker. Towards the end our charter when she was done artfully preparing our meals and leaving the galley in pristine conditions, we had an opportunity to engage with her more than we had throughout the trip and confirmed what we already knew: She is a sweet, talented, adventure seeker who loves exploring as much as we do which made it extra special. She is an asset on any vessel.
Deep Blue Charter - Wonderful Vacation
My family and friends have had the best vacations aboard Deep Blue. The captain and crew are assets to the company. The captain was constantly maintaining the vessel. He watched over everyone while paddle boarding and snorkeling and would come to the rescue when he believed that assistance was needed! The crew created wonderful meals and drinks. She did such a great job that we opted to have ALL the meals on board as we enjoyed the food and service better than a land restaurant! She helped plan a scuba dive trip and always made sure that we had land transportation when required. The captain and crew are always researching new adventures to ensure that all are entertained. We will return many times in the future!
We just got off Perpetual Blue after a 2 week charter and wow, it was fantastic! Capt knew all of the best diving/snorkeling spots and even helped us learn to sail abit. Chef was amazing, food was outstanding - we are very picky eaters (whole foods kind of people) and he provisioned and prepared at an exceptionally high level. Yacht was great, loved the floating bean bag chairs and the underwater scooters which allowed for extended snorkeling/exploring (they last over an hour :) ) Thanks Capt, Chef & 1st mate, had a great time!
N + L
Family Adventure Out Of This World!
Took our family on our 1st charter and it was a blast. Learning to paddleboard (great video's), diving & snorkeling, great fun. There was an underwater snorkeling spot Capt Jake took us to and it was unbelievable. After long days in the ocean we enjoyed evenings in the bean bag chairs watching the sunsets with a well made sun downer. Chef's food was tasty and very well presented with a solid nod to seafood and italian cuisine which we love! Thanks for a fantastic week!
Fractional Yacht Ownership
I bought a share in yacht Deep Blue in December 2021. After some initial delays as the yacht came over from Croatia, things have generally gone well. I have had three very successful charters and the yacht and crew are excellent. NexGEN is a newer company and it will take a bit more time for things to be as good as other more established businesses
Generally very happy but still some room for improvement.
Yacht Charter April 2022
This is now the second review I have written. The captain and chef we had for the second half of the trip were great but we had numerous problems with the boat when we chartered the boat in April 2022. I got a response from NexGen immediately following my last review. But then no follow-up. I hope I will get a response this time. I am very frustrated
I've been working for the company now for the last six months and it has been fantastic. Managment is always responsive to our requests and goes out of there way to make our jobs easier. Highly recommend!
Had a great time in the BVI, everything was top notch, excellent experience! Highly recommend!
Terrible Experience! Do not charter from NexGen!
Tons of false promises and advertising. Terrible service once you pay. See notes on our trip below.
- snorkeling / water scooter was broken the whole trip
- dinghy was broken the first 2-3 days and we had to swim into our destinations
- desalination mechanism was broken the first 4 days and we had to be exceedingly sparing with water
- our right engine broke the 3rd day and was never fixed the rest of the trip. We had to go much slower between all destinations, stop twice to get it fixed unsuccessfully and also had to literally risk our lives helping Hal get moored several times. It was a nightmare trying to do this with one engine in high winds. At one point yesterday, my father had to jump in to get the mooring pole while Hal caught the engine. The current was so strong my father couldn’t make it back to the boat and I had to throw a life saver to him so he didn’t drown.
- severe sewage smell in the middle left and front right cabins for the first 3-4 days till Hal got something to fix it
- back left cabin bathroom toilet went out on day 4 and my wife and I had to share with our kids room the rest of the trip. Hal said this was a known issue with the boat from the previous captain the previous week
- underwater lights not working on the boat
- there was endless and mind numbing beeping on the boat. I’m pretty sure this due to the engine failure but it was a form of torture in and of itself to have to listen to it for hours on end
- the chef slept on the couch in the main living area! This made our only shared air conditioned space on the boat completely unusable the whole trip! How can this be allowed to happen?
- we spent hours before the trip going over and fine tuning the menu with you guys only to find that the chef had completely disregarded it and was cutting corners and serving small meals that weren’t even agreed to by us.
- our alcohol list we had sent to you prior to coming there had been completely disregarded as well. When I asked Hal about this, he said, why are you complaining? Vodka is ...…. Because there was cheap and half used ... bottles on the boat
- the final morning, she literally made or prepared nothing for us
- almost impossible to understand when he does speak
- gave us next to no explanation of stops or what to do at them
- the one time we actually sailed, my father asked him a question about how the sails worked and Hal shhhhhd him and said, “I’m busy”
When you spend $30,000 (not even including airfare, hotels, etc) for a weeks worth of vacation, you should not be having to deal with these kids of issues.
My captain and I worked for this company in November 2021 and the job advert was a lie. The boat had no anchor working, the battery we had to buy from our own pockets (which hasn’t been paid to us back), they didn’t pay the dock or the cleaning crew, they didn’t have any “adventure equipment” as it is advertised, we had to pay for mooring ... and ice from our own pockets (still haven’t been paid back), air conditioners are old and do not work well. I have heard several complaints about this company in the bvi since we left and do not recommend them. If you are crew, stay away.
This team did 1 charter for us and left without explanation even though they committed to a full season, very unprofessional. All equipment listed with our agents is accurate.
We addressed your issues directly during your charter and even offered you a few week which you accepted! Captain Adrien and Chef Christina look forward to welcoming you aboard Deep Blue in June.