- 6 Nov 2020
- Reading time
- 5 minutes
The US is one of the worst-hit countries by the coronavirus, with over 8 million registered cases as of October 2020. Regrettably, the country has recorded more deaths due to COVID-19 than any other nation; hence, the need to be extra careful with public activities. Since the first case was registered, it has spread like wildfire all through the country. That’s why the government has suspended some activities for a while. Although there has been some ease in lockdown restrictions, it has not been as fun as it used to be.
There are restrictions on the number of people that can gather in a place, just like there are strict rules to observe social distancing. We are unable to visit public fitness places like the gym as we used to because it poses a high risk of contracting the virus. Regardless, there is still the need to find ways to keep healthy and stay fit even with the coronavirus. As we all adjust to the new normal, we may need to reconsider how we go about our routine fitness activities.
Potential Risks at Going to the Gym
Many states have had to close gym centers to curb the spread of coronavirus. This is because many people meet and share equipment and workout tools at these centers. And like we already know, COVID-19 spreads fast where people gather en masse. So, going to public gym centers now can open you up to infections. But creating a gym in a small place in your house will help you stay fit and safe.
Understandably, creating a home gym in a small place may not be the same as going to the gym we are used to, but it will do for now. You may not have the equipment and tools you are used to, but you can make do with what you have and stay fit. You can practice several routines with other people online that do not require much equipment to stay healthy.
It is essential to consider Slendertone reviews to determine the best place to get the fitness products that you will need at home. Further, consider the list of the vitamins and supplement stores for what you will need to improve your strength and stay fit and healthy.
Safety Measures if you Decide to go to the gym
As the restrictions due to the coronavirus are being eased, you may want to know if it is safe going to the gym for a full-body workout? If you can avoid it, you should not go to the gym, but consider the following precautions or safety guidelines if you need to go.
- Go to stores like Lollicupstore to get your face mask and other supplies you will need to keep yourself safe.
- Get hand sanitizers to use regularly.
- Clean the gym equipment before and after use.
- Keep the required social distance when in the gym.
- Maintain the number of people required to be in the gym at a time.
- Maintain a healthy diet
How to Start a Healthy Diet
With the restriction, going to the gym may not be as often as you are used to, for you may have to reduce the chances of contracting the virus. If you are used to going to the gym three times a week, you may have to reduce it to once or twice. Thus you will need to start a healthy diet to supplement the lack of gym time.
To start a healthy diet, you have to:
- Plan your meal.
- Avoid sugary drinks
- Eat more fruits.
- Take more protein and fish.
- Find an excellent dietitian to plan your food.
- Sustain a healthy diet by keeping to your plan.
How to start a fitness business at home
If we must keep fit and stay safe at this time, then we must adopt a different approach to doing things. It is vital to start a fitness business from home with the present situation of the coronavirus. There is enough target audience who will patronize your gym business during this time when most will need an instructor from home. To start a fitness business online, you should consider the following steps:
- Develop a fitness business plan.
- Find people that will need your services.
- Register the business and handle the legal details.
- Build your online presence
- Create your online contents and post
- Keep updating your content and engage your followers.
- Keep the fitness business going.
Pros and Cons of Creating a Gym in Your Own Home
We may have been forced to create a gym in our homes based on what is globally at play. And like every other thing, building your home gym has its pros and cons, as we will analyze below:
- It is convenient for you to work out at your own pace.
- While working out at home, you can access healthy fitness meals by eating a home meal and less fast food.
- You have access to your exercise routine and tools at any time of the day.
- It is affordable because you do not need to pay membership and maintenance fees.
- You can work out at any time of the day.
- You may lack the inspiration to work out without an instructor.
- You may lack the necessary exercise equipment you have access to in the gym.
- There are chances you may not be able to meet up with your healthy fitness meal.
- There may not be enough space at home for your workout routine.
How Online Reviews Can Help
Online reviews are vital if you decide to go to the gym or create one for yourself at home. You will get better information and an idea of the safest gym to visit at this time. Check out US-Reviewsfor people’s comments and feedback on fitness centers during this coronavirus period. Furthermore, you can find reliable information on a suitable fitness routine, healthy diets, and all you need to stay fit and healthy by reading comments by people on review websites.