You've probably been in a situation where you couldn't access content due to your location on the internet, or you needed privacy (especially while surfing the dark web), and once you ask for help, you're told by your geek friends to download a VPN so you can change your IP address to a more suitable one and voila! Problem solved? Well, here you'll find out what you need to know about VPNs and how they prove useful for you in more ways than you can imagine.
VPNs are virtual private networks, the cheat codes to the rules of the game. A VPN is a virtual private network that ensures that in an open, unsecure, unencrypted, public internet space such as public Wi-Fi networks, your data, privacy and location is transferred to a secure channel which protects and scrambles your personal information and ensures that it remains private over public Wi-Fi networks, it can also protect your information from internet service providers and even hackers who use their customers information and online social behavior such as browsing history, communication channels apps, banking data downloads and more to make profit by selling them to the highest bidder thanks to the policies permitted by law makers for example the Congress in America.
The best VPN offers a wide range of importance to its users and some of them are the following:
1. Safe Usage of Public Wi-Fi: Public Wi-Fis aren't all the glittering gold they seem to be at all. In the terms of knowledge, they are absolute Greek gifts that can cost you more than you bargained for. In any event that hackers have quite a few tricks under their sleeves which are readily learnable on the internet with patience at ease. Public Wi-Fi users are in deep shit! When we say deep shit, it means your private messages could be accessed by third parties especially the ones that you don't want anyone else to see and can be used to blackmail you, passwords to your email accounts and addresses could be snatched within a minute and then all your private information is being used for things you'd rather not even imagine them being used for not to mention the mistake of any banking activity within such period, your financial lifeline could be at serious risk. You could become a victim of financial fraud or hacking within the next minute and have every penny you ever labored for stolen away by crooks.
2. Bypassing Region Restrictions: If you're a Twitter football fan, several football pages post region-restricted visual contents. For a long time, this irksome obstacle made it difficult for football fans to watch some of the most savored videos and highlights of football games, but later on, we learned one major trick to change the game in our favor, and in fact, it was one of the ways majority discovered VPNs. VPNs helped fans who would have otherwise been left out access this content by changing their location to a suitable location to enjoy the beautiful game of football like the rest of the fans in the world. This applies not just to football but video and streaming sites like Netflix, Spotify, Hulu, etc. With VPNs, you can now stream from anywhere in the world.
3. Anonymity: Do you want your identity and your activities to stay hidden on the internet? VPNs are the standard tools for this task. VPNs ensure you remain unknown by scrambling your IP address and location data that is being sent to any channel so no one can exactly find you and as a higher step than just privacy no one gets to know who you are. Any of your information that can lead to identifying you as a person stays entirely unknown. No one can watch you, track you, see what you're doing on the internet or even know who you are.
4. Beat Price Discrimination: Did you know that prices are sometimes quoted based on your location? Some locations are more discriminatory than others. Well this is also one of the cons of ISP tracking. A lot of airline travelers have fallen victim of this, but plane tickets aren't the only products subject to this. From the prices of video games to clothes to services and more. Vendors often tag prices based on your location and your perceived ability to pay. For example, a person who lives in London might be given a price tag different from that of a person living in Armenia.
5. Bypassing Internet Sponsorship: If people live in strictly authoritarian countries like China for example, they may be blocked from websites that might be deemed as a threat to the political ideologies of those countries. VPNs provide a bypass that allows them to access the information of such websites by rerouting their location to another server.
What VPNs Are Best For You?
In order to understand what VPNs can best serve you, for applications like PrivacyShark which provide enjoyable service to its users, you can make your decisions from the users’ reviews and ratings mostly on app stores. Reviews often help you to make informed decisions drawn from the options and reviews of other users.
VPNs are very salient tools for active internet users who are often exposed to a lot of risks in public networks and on the web. They protect their identity, their activities and their information from unwanted snoopers, hackers, and internet service providers who seek to sell such information to the highest bidders.